Friday, May 1, 2015

Helping in Nepal (and Texas)

 Edited 06/03/15

The same organizations listed below are also busy in Texas helping victims of the recent flooding.  Any donations specified for relief in Texas will go to help folks in Texas.

Unless you've been totally disconnected (a place I wish I could find on occasion) you've surely heard about the earthquake in Nepal, and it's aftermath. In the days after disasters like this there are always many scam artists who spring up seeking to profit from the misery of others and the kind hearts of those who wish to help.

I turned to my friend from Twitter, Marie Wikle, for her guidance. Marie runs the Spreading Joy charity, and her outlook is best described by her Twitter bio - "Have a great desire to give big, but will simply give what I can until that day comes".

Marie recommended two organizations and I'm going to add a third.  Her first recommendation was Samaritan's Purse, a fine organization headed by Franklin Graham.  I'm surprised I didn't think of them but we all have brain blocks at times.

Marie's second recommendation was The Red American Cross.

My recommendation is The Salvation Army.

All three of these organizations will make sure any designated support you give goes to the designated relief effort.

Thank you for anything you are able to do.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! and I love the Salvation Army as well!!

    thanks for your heart for others! and for spreading the word about Nepal

    ReplyDelete